Executive Assistant - The Australian Services Union NSW & ACT Services Branch
The Australian Services Union NSW & ACT Services Branch (ASU) is a progressive, active and growing Union. We are committed to organising members to grow their Union and win campaigns that make a real difference for workers, contributing to a fairer society. We work across the disability and community sectors, public transport and water and the private sector.
The Executive Assistant position is responsible for providing executive support to the Branch Secretary and Deputy Branch Secretary.
- Extensive diary management for the Branch Secretary and Deputy Branch Secretary.
- Organise internal and external meetings as requested.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and discussions within the Leadership Team.
- Arrange and coordinate the distribution of agendas, attendance registers, minutes and papers for Executive, Committee of Management meetings and conferences including formatting, editing, proof reading and minute taking.
- Produce high quality documentation and correspondence.
- Organise travel bookings, accommodation and hire cars as required for staff and delegates.
- Assist with conferences and events (internal/external) including booking of venues, confirming attendees, organising catering, general logistics and compilation of materials.
- Provide support to the Business Operations Manager including but not limited to:
- Assist with arranging building swipe card / alarm access for staff and/or visitors.
- Conduct monthly inspections of the office building cleaning.
- Liaise with tradespersons for quotes and maintenance.
- Liaise with building strata managers.
- Assist with arranging maintenance, cleaning and inspections of pool vehicles.
- Liaise with stakeholders, unions, government bodies and members of the organisation.
- Organise catering.
- Reception relief.
- Other duties as directed.
- Demonstrated commitment to trade Unionism.
- A minimum 5 years experience in a similar role supporting senior management preferably in a not-for-profit and / or a member based organisation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Demonstrated strong computer and formatting skills using Microsoft Office 365 Suite in particular Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Experience in diary management including the booking and rescheduling of meetings and meeting rooms.
- Experience in compiling and circulating agendas with associated documentation; taking and finalising minutes of meetings; follow up attendance to ensure quorums; maintaining attendance registers from meetings all within a specified timeframe.
- Experience in or the ability to quickly acquire skills in conference / event management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise work, exercise judgement, initiative and a high level of confidentiality, while providing high level support.
- Willingness and ability to manage and adapt to conflicting varied demands in an environment subject to sudden change.
- High level of interpersonal, organisational, communication and problem solving skills including the ability to engage effectively and courteously with a range of stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-directed while also working as a positive team member.
- Current NSW drivers licence.
- Full time, 35 hours per week.
- Redfern based, close to public transport.
- $76,952 to $85,456 dependent on experience.
- 10.5% superannuation.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- 12 RDOs per year.
- 4 weeks annual leave plus Christmas shutdown.
- 6 months paid parental leave.
How to apply
Please address your application to Natalie Lang, Branch Secretary, Australian Services Union, NSW & ACT Services Branch and email to Business Operations Manager Louise Craig firstname.lastname@example.org with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line by no later than 5.00pm Friday 1 July 2022. Applications must include your current CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above, applications received not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered. Note: we will be assessing applications as we receive them and may interview applicants and/or make an appointment prior to 1 July 2022.Apply online