Job Title: Training Officer - Part time, 3 days per week with potential to increase to full-time hours
Classification: Grade 4
Salary Range: $47,973 to $54,430(on pro-rata 3 days per week basis)plus superannuation
Salary is determined on level of skills and experience.
Accountability: The position is accountable to the Branch Secretary through the relevant Team Leader
The Training Officer will have responsibility for the development and delivery of the Union’s training agenda.
Applicant must have a Certificate IV Workplace Assessor and Trainer Competency and other qualifications are highly desirable.
CPSU, Community and Public Sector Union/SPSF provide strong advice, advocacy and representation on all Industrial issues for staff employed by Government in Victoria.
The Union’s goal is to create, protect and improve conditions of Victorian Public Sector employees, by organising and delivering a highly motivated delegates structure and union growth. The training role is a key driver in achieving CPSU’s goals to deliver a strong, active and engaged union membership.
- To identify training needs for all sections of the membership
- Develop in consultation with the Industrial staff, where appropriate a training program for all levels of membership, inclusive of new member orientation programs through to accredited training packages
- Develop and deliver curriculum for all levels of industrial training
- Liaise with external training providers, interstate trainers and training brokers, where appropriate, to ensure all elements of curriculum development, training, delivery and appropriate assessments are completed to the highest standards
- Develop a broad training/education strategy for endorsement by the Union’s Victorian Branch committee
- Liaise and work with the Team Leader and Industrial Organiser’s team meetings
- Provide reports to Victorian Branch Council on a monthly basis about key training issues within the portfolio
- Maintain an appropriate training database and administrative records
- Represent the Union at various VTHC and ACTU committees
- Produce and distribute a newsletter on a bi-monthly basis on training programs
- Other duties as directed
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- The job is located at 128 Exhibition Street, Melbourne Vic 3000
- This description is indicative of the range of job requirements. The job comprises of other duties as directed.
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence is essential.
- Travel to Regional Victoria will be required.
- Must have a commitment to the principles of the Australian Trade Union movement.
Please send your application and resume to State Secretary Ms Karen Batt email@example.com
For any enquiries about the position please contact Team Leader Ms Julie McKeown firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday, 1 December 2017Apply online