Employer: FAAA International
Work type: Full time
Classification: Industrial Officer
Sector: Not For Profit (NFP), Union.
Location: Mascot, NSW
Our Organisation: The FAAA (Flight Attendants Association of Australia) - International Division is a boutique union servicing International cabin crew from Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin International, working across several different agreements. Our team seeks to promote, protect and defend our members industrially and provide real time support and advice. Our membership is one of the fastest growing of unions in Australia. With current and forecast growth, we require another high performing and motivated industrial lawyer to join our dynamic team. We operate as a diverse inclusive organization in our recently renovated offices close to public transport and Sydney’s domestic airport in Mascot, NSW.
Our Industrial lawyer role will:
- Prepare and negotiate claims including Enterprise Agreements
- Prepare and advocate the Association's position in matters before the Fair Work Commission and other tribunals
- Prepare communication for members including newsletters, bulletins and magazine articles on relevant industrial issues
- Interpret industrial agreements and give advice to FAAA representatives and members where necessary on industrial matters
- Coordinate and attend consultative meetings and other industrial meetings with airline management in conjunction with airline representatives
- Represent individual members in grievances
- Monitor and report to the Association on industrial trends and employers' policies and practices
- Monitor and advise the organisation on government industrial policies and legislation which will affect the FAAA and its membership
- Monitor and ensure compliance to ROC and FWC governance requirements
The Position requirements for this role are:
- Minimum three years experience in a similar role, though less may be considered dependant on breadth of prior role/s.
- Strong commitment to union values and trade unions generally
- Well-developed research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and competence in the application of the federal legislative environment
- Ability to prepare and articulate a position formally at a tribunal, court, mediation or meeting
- Admitted to practice law in Australia
- Unison membership database or other organisational database highly desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Please send CV and cover letter detailing how you will be the best fit for this role to Bruce Roberts - email@example.com. General enquiries about the role may also be sent to this email.
Applications will be considered on receipt and the opportunity closed once the position is filled.Apply online