The Finance Sector Union is seeking to employ Outbound Calling Organisers (OCOs) on a casual basis for its Organising Call Centre located in the FSU National Office in Sydney. OCOs will work to a roster, with shifts operating Monday to Wednesday from 5pm to 9pm and occasionally at other times.
OCOs will be responsible for having conversations with finance sector workers by telephone. These conversations are designed to support and continually improve the union’s recruitment, retention and organising of members.
Essential experience and qualifications
The successful applicants will have:
- Commitment to the principles of trade unionism;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to handle objections and project a positive, friendly and professional impression of the union;
- Ability to absorb and process new information quickly;
- Ability to perform under pressure both independently and as a part of a team;
- Ability to perform work within specified timelines and plan work systematically and effectively;
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to different situations and needs;
- Computer literacy and ability to work with new systems with minimal training;
The positions attract an hourly rate of $39.11, which includes casual loading. A minimum shift of 4 hours will apply.
Enquiries regarding the positions should be directed to Christopher Baldry on extension 8049.
Mr Christopher Baldry
Finance Sector Union of Australia
PO Box A2442
Sydney South NSW 1235
Or by email to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5.00 pm Monday, 22 January 2018.Apply online