- Executive Assistant
- Permanent Full-time
- Immediate start available
- Sydney CBD Location
The New South Wales Teachers Federation is the registered trade union representing NSW public school teachers in pre-schools, infants, primary and secondary schools and TAFE Institutes. The NSW Teachers Federation looks after a multiplicity of issues on behalf of teachers. It also regards public education as a strong foundation for a sure future. Thus, it campaigns for betterments for all students who attend public schools so that they will receive a quality education.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant to the Deputy Secretary (Communications & Administration) provides a range of secretarial and administrative support to the Deputy Secretary (Communications & Administration) and works as part of the administration team to administer and coordinate whole section duties.
To be considered for this permanent full-time position you will need to clearly demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Experience in office administration working at a senior management level.
- A high level of listening, oral and written communication skills, with experience in drafting correspondence.
- Planning and organisational skills and the ability to work in high pressure situations.
- The ability to take minutes of meetings in a timely and accurate manner, and transcribe.
- The ability to prioritise competing deadlines, multitask and utilise strong time management skills whilst maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills, in particular MS Office, and knowledge of database applications.
- Exercise a high degree of tact, diplomacy and political awareness.
- Respect for sensitivity and confidentiality of issues handled.
- A positive attitude to unionism.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please send your application including a cover letter that addresses the requirements as listed, and a current resume by clicking on the APPLY button below or email email@example.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and appointment is conditional upon successful reference checks and a probationary period. Successful candidates will be required to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination status.
No agency applications will be considered.Apply online