$85,000 - $99,999
Transport Workers' Union of Australia WA Branch
The TWU WA represents thousands of workers in the State’s aviation, oil, waste management, gas, road transport, passenger vehicle and freight logistics industries.
We are currently seeking a lawyer or law graduate to join our team to assist in our efforts to represent members and organise. The role will report directly to the Branch Secretary and will be based out of our Kewdale office.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and provide advice to union officials and members on a range of industrial issues
- Manage your own matters within a busy workload including unfair dismissals, bargaining related applications and industrial disputes
- Prepare applications, evidence, and written submissions to, and advocate on behalf of the TWU and its members in, the Fair Work Commission, WA Industrial Relations Commission, and courts including the Federal Circuit Court and Local Court
- Assist in developing and maintaining industrial instruments including state awards, contract determinations and enterprise agreements
- Prepare submissions to, and appear before, parliamentary inquiries
- Attend meetings from time-to-time with members, officials, members of parliament, other unions, or employers as a representative of the TWU
- Contribute to political strategy aimed at promoting the interests of TWU members
- Other duties as required
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Legal qualifications
- Developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation and administrative skills
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi-task
- A strong commitment to labour values
- A sound understanding and working knowledge of the Fair Work Act 2009 and relevant WA workplace legislation
Salary commensurate with experience, $85-100,000 and above SG superannuation. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a commitment to union values to work in a dynamic and challenging role, and the opportunity to learn and develop your legal and advocacy skills.
Please send CV and covering letter addressing the selection criteria to Tim Dawson at email@example.com
Applications close: COB 21 January 2022Apply online