ABOUT UNITED VOICE
United Voice Victoria is powerful member-led union driving change by growing union membership and density, growing the union rank and file leadership, growing the participation of members in the union, driving and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning in the community and politics.
A Union Organiser’s main focus is to grow union membership, density and leadership by employing a variety of union building techniques which cover skill in sign up, systematic member contact, messaging and objection handling.
- Helping some of Australia’s most undervalued workers stand up and win respect
- Working alongside some of Australia’s best organisers in a union that pioneered organising and campaigning in Australia
- Opportunity to be part of creative and hard-hitting campaigns that change lives
- Six week’s annual leave and 12% superannuation
- Excellent in communicating and influencing
- Able to build rapport with a range of different people
- Computer literate and have the ability to learn the organisation’s technology tools
- Confident and interested in talking to people
- Signing up workers to the union
- Delivering a systematic message to members
- Identifying potential leaders amongst members
- Updating the union’s databases with the results of your work
- Meeting reasonable targets set with the Organising Director
- Passion for the union movement
- Experience in one of the following;
o Participated in the Union’s Member Organiser Program
o Participated in the Union’s Organiser in Training Program
o 2 plus year’s organizing experience with a union
- Confidence and interest in talking to people
- Driver’s license
Competitive salary of $65k-$77k commensurate with experience, plus motor vehicle allowance of $14,766. Other benefits include 12% superannuation, 6 weeks annual leave, 25% loading.
https://airtable.com/shrcDSm0RuPCinhN1 with all the requested information.
Completed applications must be received by 12noon, Wednesday, 2nd October 2019.Apply online