The United Workers Union is seeking a highly motivated Administrative Support Officer in the NT State Office.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains. The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ people and women.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
The Administrative Support officer provides administrative support for the State/Territory office, portfolios, directors, industry and specialist teams to ensure that the office works effectively and efficiently.
Administrative Support Officers undertake core administrative work and will be a detail-oriented team player with great service delivery skills.
The duties of this position are as follows:
• Provide administrative support to the Territory Secretary and office
• Reception duties include meet and greet visitors; receive and distribute parcels; incoming and outgoing mail, phone calls from members and the public and monitoring general emails
• Membership support including updating records using Unionware
• Support staff of the state/territory office by completing photocopying tasks, scanning, data entry, typing, formatting, scanning, collating of documents including spread sheets and word processing
• Manage work releases, worksite requests, refunds and waivers
• Coordinate and maintain merchandise. Update stock and distribute merchandise
• Maintain stock levels and ordering of office and kitchen supplies
• Attend to other miscellaneous matters including office, building and phones
• Coordinate fleet management issues
• Coordinate events, book venues and catering
• Log Member Assist queries on Unionware
• Provide general Member Assist support for members
• Process office invoices and credit cards receipts and send to Accounts
• Provide weekly Unionware reports for Secretary and Regional Lead
• Provide general administrative support to Hall Payne Lawyers NT office and Unions NT
• Provide general admin support to Northern Regional Allied Qld team
• Other duties as requested.
The skills required for this position are:
• Strong telephone etiquette and face to face service.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Positive work attitude and time management.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A commitment to the United Workers Union’s values.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
• 12 month fixed term contract
• Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
• 16% superannuation
• 4 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, together with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Julie Korlevska, Deputy Director (People, Culture and Change) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications must be received by 4pm (AEST) Wednesday, 22nd June 2022.
For further information about the role, please email email@example.com