BUSINESS DATA ANALYST - UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
The United Workers Union is seeking highly motivated Business Data Analyst. [Location Flexible]
This role will be trusted with the responsibility to analyse membership data with a specific focus on retention. The successful candidate will play a strategic role in the union by evaluating business models that can contribute to lower churn, increased revenue and higher member lifetime value. In addition, there will be work linked to improving existing processes and identifying the loopholes that prevail.
Candidates with experience in an organisation with a large membership/subscriber base will be highly regarded.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ people and women.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
• Analysis: Do continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past and current performance of the union specifically with regards to membership data to gain insights and drive strategic planning to manage churn.
• Retention KPIs & Reporting: Calculate annual retention KPIs for the union and its portfolios and track them through the year along with providing strategic support to achieve them
• Predictive Modelling: Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms to predict churn and churn related behaviour
• Behavioural Insights: Deliver insights about how our members behave in the digital world using CRMs and analysis tools such as Hubspot, Power BI etc. Find ways to source such behavioural data using non-standard tools like data scraping and social listening tools.
• Retention Dashboard: Ownership of Retention dashboards with periodic analysis, reporting and optimisation.
• Present Data to Non-Technical Audiences: Use/build tools and products to deliver data-driven insights to non-technical audiences through clear visualisations, explanations and presentations.
• Portfolio Retention Reports: Provide standardised reports that help in understanding members and tracking churn & retention for specific portfolios and across UWU.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Demonstrated data/business analytics experience within a similar role
• Business analytics experience specifically with respect to membership retention and engagement solutions
• Ability to extract, manipulate and model complex data
• Ability to visualise data and present it in meaningful ways
• Proficient in CRMs/tools like Hubspot, PowerBI etc.
• Skilled communicator who focuses equally on the delivery of insights & the data supporting it
• Stakeholder management experience across multi-disciplinary teams
• Understanding of research and how it works symbiotically with data
• A passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and achieving the goals of the Union.
To perform this job, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
• Right of Entry Permits; and
• Immunisation against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
• Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
• 16% superannuation
• 6 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, together with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Julie Korlevska, Deputy Director (People, Culture and Change) to email@example.com
Completed applications must be received by 4pm (AEST) 27 May 2022.
For further information about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgApply online