MEMBER SERVICES OFFICER - UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
The United Workers Union is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our Member Services Team in Perth, Western Australia.
The role of the Membership Services Team (MST) Member is to deliver exceptional day to day services to United Workers Union members. The MST Member will provide high quality and consistent data entry, and phone-based support to members.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning in the community and politics.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
- Deliver a quality and professional service to all members of the Union, including staffing inbound phone lines.
- Process membership transactions including new members, financial transactions and resignations.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with other teams within the Union.
- Comply with policies and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery.
- Ensure workflow processes are actioned in a timely and consistent manner.
- Ensure quality of data entry and take steps to enhance where possible.
- Resolve and escalate queries as necessary.
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, and procedures.
- Undertake relevant training and development activities.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Ensure that the Union’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion are upheld and promoted.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
A Member Services Officer demonstrates:
- Excellent customer/member service skills;
- Attention to detail and excellent data entry skills;
- Ability to take direction and follow process;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and liaison skills;
- Intermediate Microsoft Office & Excel skills;
- A commitment to the United Workers Union values.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- 16% superannuation;
- 4 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, together with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Julie Korlevska, Deputy Director (People, Culture and Change) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications must be received by 5pm (AEDT) Monday 1 March 2021.
For further information about the role, please email email@example.comApply online